I was done setting up experiment #3 in week one. So i set up the other experiment in week two. I was determine to finish everything by last week because i wanted more time to do the observation, u know to see any significant changes in a plant development does not take a day or two, weeks or even months maybe. So i was like doing my work dengan tekun dan pantas. I don't do the 10.00 am minum pagi and i went to lunch at 1.00 instead of 12.45 and go back at 5.30 and not 5.00 like stated on my punch card..haha, pekerja cemerlangkan!
setting up the experiment was quite simple yet time consuming except for the MoFATTnye apparatuslah that was hard...i had teary eyes while doing it..bukan sbb tertekan or somethg tp sakit..once i've got the picture i'll let u know which part of setting up the apparatus was sakit k.
see the connection made from the filter to the tube and from the tube to the flask? oh yes i just use my hands to fit the tube into the filter AND flask..it was super hard because the tubes were keras (i think because this apparatus need to be autoclave sbb tu kene tebal kot, not sure myself)..and then kene psg the strip mcm kt plastic bag tu again with the same hand..count urself ah brape sambungan one mofatt tu ade..then multiple it with 18 k..and imagine doing it with a cut on ur index finger..and u were only like three days in lab..and u start to imagine will the other experiment be as hard as this one...menangis ah kan..~
i think i enjoy myself learning new things but yeah there's a lot to do.. sediakn media, the radas and all, and everything need to be autoclave dulu which may take half a day, and then kene sdiakn the embryonic callus, kene bersihakn die, kene potong into smaller pieces, kene timbanglah (to know it grow ke x nnt) and then transfer it, everything is done in a sterile condition making it a little bit harder - then kene seal the flask, tuib or petri dish and then kene label plk, then kena wat paper work die, if like sepuluh je petri dish per experiment x pe, tp ni smpai berpuluh-puluh or even hundreds (exp #2,3) so it took me two days each to set up exp #2 and 3. after label kene amek gambar lagi for the record and then kene pndah all the sample to bilik pertumbuhan lagi, haaaa a lot of work kan.
tp pindahkan plantlets into the giffy pot kt nursery was fun!that was my first target mase start practical, to tanam pokok in the nursery!haha..x tau la knp mybe because i dont enjoy spending a lot of time in lab that much kot.. i planted 80 plantlets, 20 from each different stage.
so yeah, alhamdullilah berjaye set upkan everythg last week! yes! tinggal observation je nanti, altough mcm byk je observation kene wt tp at least x yh spent mase dlm laminar flow cabinet je!