Friday, March 25, 2011

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations

Mae Jemison is who I google when I feel like I need a living proof of someone who had actually achieved her dream and more than that. Read, HER.
Is easy to relate to her becuase when I was young I was so sure that I wanted to be an astronaut and worked for NASA! Years after I was so sure that I wanted to be a 'Plant Scientist' and save the world from world hunger. But the problem is, when I started learning Physics, I cant relate myself to it! I had a though time to understand all the theories in Physics, Physics theories always make me go 'huh?'. So yeah, I totally dropped the idea of being an astronaut and focus on the earlier hope. But I still find space exploration as interesting. I wish I was already born and was 6 years old in 1969 to witness and understand the significance of one of the awesome-est moment ever in human history, The First Person on the Moon. To wish that I was Neil Armstrong himself, would be a little too much wouldn't it? ;)

Now that I'm continuing my studies in the field of Plant Pathology focusing on nematode, I realize that I dont quite have what it takes to be a researcher! Ahahaha. Because I'm super paranoid! Even EtBr scares the hell out of me, parasites even more!I seriously thought I have what it takes to be anything that I wanted to be, but once I am actually doing it for real and not just imagining everything in my head, the reality hits, and reality is never better than expectations! ahaha.  I cant imagine me being a Virologist or an Astronaut, the other two that I wish to be. If I was to be an astronaut, I think that there will be a big chance that I may not board the spaceship when the time comes, I'm not really a risk taker. I'm not sure how I survived Cedar Point and riding every single ride! ahaha. But Cedar Point was a great trip :)

       A person is missing! Of course he is the one who is taking the pic and saying OMG in the video below ;)

Our video riding Top Thrill Dragster

I'm working on being not too paranoid with the nematodes, it is plant parasite anyways! Just like I convinced myself that I will not fall out from the roller coaster! Ahahah.Gosh Sabrina stop panicking. And just like the roller coaster, I had lots of support from friends on the spot and friends far away! Me and roller coaster, it is a funny thing, really. So yeah dear friends, lend me your shoulder to cry on when things get rough okayyy. Motivate me, don't let me quit.

So yeah, Mae Jemison is who I google when I feel like I need a living proof of someone who had actually achieved her dream and more than that.

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations...If you adopt their attitudes, then the possibility won't exist because you'll have already shut it out ... You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself. 
Mea Jemison
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazingly, a week has past since I drafted this post and I'm actually more motivated than ever to continue my studies. So yeah, self-confidence shoot up high after letting out all the insecurities here.

No comments:

Post a Comment